What is unique about Dru Yoga?
In Dru Yoga the joints of the body are kept relaxed and soft during movement. This creates flexibility and a free flow of subtle energy. Energy Block Release Sequences
We use Energy Block Release sequences which are easy-to-practise, flowing movements that help to release tension physically, mentally, and emotionally. Healthy, Flexible Spine
In Dru Yoga all movements originate from the spine because a flexible, healthy spine supports your entire yoga practice. The spinal wave and spinal twist are core features of Dru Yoga, enhancing spinal health and vitality.
Core stability is also a major focus.Balance Your Energy
Dru Yoga works to balance the chakras (energy centres of the body) and access the powerful energy of the heart. Find Stillness
Within the flow of movement, Dru Yoga creates powerful moments of stillness which we call 'Dru points'.
At Lakshmi Yoga, our classes are tailored for the over fifties, but Dru Yoga teachers are trained to make their classes suitable for all levels of fitness – from 'full sweat' to 'no sweat'!
For more details about Dru Yoga visit www.druyoga.com Benefits of Dru Yoga
"In my entire career I have never found anything as effective as Dru Yoga for resolving back pain
" Pepe Reina - Napoli and Liverpool Football Club
From scientific research, my own experience and those of my students, I can testify to the fact that yoga, and in particular, Dru Yoga, has helped:
- Increase strength, core stability, flexibility and balance
- Ease aches and pains, especially back Pain
- Increase energy levels
- Lower blood pressure and improve breathing
- Improve resistance to disease
- Help overcome insomnia
- Increase resistance to and ease stress
- Cope with and overcome depression and anxiety
- Increase confidence and reduce negative thinking,
Simply put, Dru Yoga creates the balance in your life that you are seeking and allows you to be the person you want to be. What is a Dru Yoga class like?
Classes are fun, friendly, and welcoming and you will be guided at your own pace.
Yoga has been shown to improve health and wellbeing on all levels and our classes will increase knowledge of, and confidence with, yoga techniques.
You will be able to make the most of Dru Yoga both within and outside of the class setting.
The nurturing style of Dru Yoga will leave you feeling uplifted and inspired.Lakshmi Yoga classes are an hour and a half long
Whilst there are variations in pace and content, classes are based around the following format:
We hold Dru Yoga classes in North Leeds, based in Adel
- Short welcome and time to connect with body and breath.
- Fun, easy to do movements to music, allowing you to warm up muscles, loosen up the joints and feel energised.
- Energy Block Release Sequence, (flowing movements, specific to Dru Yoga, that help to release tension physically, mentally, and emotionally)
- Asanas (postures) or yoga sequences.
- Pranayama (specific breathing techniques).
- Deep relaxation, allowing you to feel rejuvenated.